“The total amount of energy embedded in our use of bottled water—including the energy to produce, fill, transport, chill, and dispose of the bottles can be as high as the equivalent of filling each plastic bottle one quarter full with oil.”

Peter Gleick, Co-founder and President, Pacific Institute http://www.pacinst.org/

Did you know that:
· 4 million

water bottles are used each day in WA
·
3.2 million
of those end up in landfills in WA
· 1,000

years it takes for a plastic water bottle to biodegrade
· 2400

bottled water is 2400 times more expensive than tap water
· 25%

of bottled water sold is simply municipal city water

4 comments:

Soror88 said...

Wow... this site is great and I love the stats! I plan to share this with my community group and stop wasting money and the planet's resources!!! Keep up the great work. And how can I help?

Anonymous said...

I heard you'll be at the Phinney Transportation fest next weekend (4/26)... is that true? You all are doing some great work around this concern.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul or Shauna!

I meet you both at Green Expo in Seattle and interviewed you guys for my documentary on Bottled Water. I'm not sure if I got both of your emails but wanted to email you guys my video that I'm going to put on You Tube. Let me know your email or how to contact you through the website so I can send it to you.

Sara

About WWW said...

SARA! hi-
Yes, please email me at ShaunaDuncan@comcast.net. Or, you can email us at WaterwithoutWaste@blogspot.com. We'd love to include your video on our website too!